The Peoria Symphony Guild’s purpose is to promote the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and to extend the reach of the Symphony’s Educational Outreach efforts. We invite anyone who is interested to join us – no auditions or musical talent required!
Our membership consists of people who share an appreciation of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra’s contributions to our local cultural and educational landscape. Many members contribute time, talent and treasure in support of efforts such as:
Peoria Symphony Guild was founded in 1951 as an auxiliary of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and is organized by the authority of and under the charter of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra, a 501C3 organization.
Guild President’s Letter
Dear Members and Friends,
Since 1951 members of the Peoria Symphony Guild have continuously invested their time and energy to benefit our community. The three cornerstones of the Peoria Symphony Guild are:
- Student Concerts – A genuine concert experience at the Civic Center Theater is brought for the education of school children from throughout central Illinois. For many students, this is their first opportunity to experience the sights, sounds, and emotions of a live symphonic concert.
- The Puppet Troupe – The Puppet Troupe has delighted our community’s youngest students with in-school performances via spellbinding children’s stories set to classical music scores. This serves as a positively fun and engaging introduction to classical music to elementary school children. The program is consistently growing, and boy, you should witness the troupe’s enthusiasm and passion! (You may again get that chance at our holiday luncheon in December.)
- Young Artist Competition – Our annual concerto competition, yields another stunning winner each year who performs as a soloist with the PSO at the Student Concert, spring luncheon, and other Guild and PSO events.
Many of our programs continue today because of the foresight of our early members, and your generous financial contributions. Did you know that to produce one annual Student Concert, our Guild must raise roughly $16,000. In addition to your membership fee, your donations are the life blood of our organization. We are always extremely grateful for your donations. Here is what your membership dues and donations accomplished last year:
- We reached over 18,000 area children last year through the classical music performances of the Puppet Troupe and Annual Student Concert.
- We supported important research for the Medicine and Music Research Project at University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria.
- We sponsored the PSO’s Jubilation 120th year kickoff concert along with five Musical Monday educational music performances throughout the year.
So, every dollar you can contribute above membership fees is greatly appreciated and promises to make a difference in our community today and for many tomorrows. We look forward to seeing you at our next event. We hope to bring you some fun events this year, in addition to the familiar events, such as the Welcome Coffee and the Musical Mondays. If you would like to volunteer, we will put you to work and we will guarantee you will have fun doing so! Join us in bringing back the fun to Peoria Symphony Guild!
Maureen Williams, Symphony Guild President