The Peoria Symphony Orchestra is looking for bright, organized, detail-oriented individuals with excellent communication skills who possess a good attitude and the ability to take direction and follow through on projects. Interns work side by side with professionals as they experience the day-to-day workings of a world-class symphony.
- Work Period: Fall and Spring Semesters and Summer
- One semester internships or based on performance and work load.
- Hours: 10- 20 hours per week
- Days and times are flexible within regular business hours
- Some evening and/or weekend work required.
- Position: Unpaid
- Must have transportation to get to the office and to concerts
- Contact Michelle Seibert
Music Business Intern
Our internship program provides the opportunity for candidates interested in a music business career to receive a complete overview of the workings of a professional symphony orchestra. This experience will have components which would also be applicable to other segments in the arts industry or non-profit organizations. Interns will assist in all phases of operation which may include oversight of specific projects, front and back of house experience at concerts and assisting in the day-to-day operations.
Click to view Music Business Intern Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities vary by time of season and may include experience and activities in the following areas:
- Assist Orchestra Librarian with preparation and dissemination of music;
- Assist Orchestra Personnel Manager with preparation of materials and meeting needs of musicians;
- Coordination of Guest Artist travel, hotel, itinerary, bio/photos;
- Assist Stage Manager at rehearsals and backstage at concerts.
- Learn the ticketing system by assisting with the Box Office duties during office hours;
- Assist with the Box Office on concert dates;
- Assist with patron/audience receptions and events.
- Assist in the execution of the Annual Fund campaign — creating labels, stuffing and sealing envelopes;
- Learn how to prepare bulk mailings and assist in implementation;
- Assist with the planning and execution of special donor events and activities.
General Administrative Duties
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills, good writing skills, strong organizational skills, able to work with the public in person or over the phone.
- Music Business or Music Performance