The Peoria Symphony Guild’s purpose is to promote the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and to extend the reach of the Symphony’s Educational Outreach efforts. We invite anyone who is interested to join us – no auditions or musical talent is required!
Our membership consists of people who share an appreciation of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra’s contributions to our local cultural and educational landscape. Many members contribute time, talent, and treasure in support of efforts such as:
- Youth Outreach – Puppet Troupe (K-3) and Annual Student Concert (3-12)
- Fostering Young Talent – Young Artist Competition
- Events for Members and Guests – Musical Mondays, Welcome Coffee, Holiday Luncheon, Spring Luncheon, and Golf Scramble
- PSO Musician and Audience Appreciation – providing hospitality at rehearsals and two annual audience appreciation receptions
Peoria Symphony Guild was founded in 1951 as an auxiliary of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and is organized by the authority of and under the charter of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra, a 501C3 organization.
The Peoria Symphony Guild, established in 1951, provides educational and community outreach for the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and classical music, in addition to generating financial support for Peoria Symphony performances.
The Guild presents daytime annual Student Concerts for thousands of school children and their teachers in central Illinois, a tradition since 1954.
The Guild sponsors the Young Artist Competition for instrumentalists and vocalists, 18-years-old and younger. Talented young musicians compete to perform as a soloist with the Peoria Symphony Orchestra at annual Student Concerts. The winner also receives a scholarship award. This is the fourth decade of the Guild’s Young Artist Competition.
The Guild’s Puppet Troupe brings classical music in a light-hearted form to elementary schools in the Peoria area. The Guild is proud of this tradition of over 50 years
- Amy Kelly, President/ Email Amy / 309.251.2539
- Position Open, Vice President
- Marli Meiss, Secretary / 309.645.6402
- Position Open, Treasurer
- Laura Dagit, Director of Membership / 309.241.7142
- Position Open, Director of Events
Brenda Conroy, Director of Educational Outreach / 309.635.4118
Layla Slater, Director of Public Awareness / Email Layla
- Peggy Jo Vilberg, Director of Financial Support / 309.253.7648
- Karen Datzman, Past President / 309.397.2611
Join the Guild
Membership in the Peoria Symphony Guild is open to men and women interested in promoting the purposes of the organization: Serving as advocates for the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and for Music Education throughout our community.
The Peoria Symphony Orchestra is an anchor of culture, arts, and entertainment in our community. Membership in the Guild affords members opportunities to engage socially and volunteer around a shared interest in music and/or education.
Whether or not you participate actively, your membership is valuable as it provides resources for the Guild to continue serving as the educational outreach arm of your Peoria Symphony Orchestra.
There are many ways to give your time and talents, including:
- Providing hospitality for PSO musicians and guest artists
- Volunteering as a puppeteer educating K-3 children
- Organizing annual outreach efforts such as the Young Artist Competition and Student Concert
- Plan and host member programs
- Baking cookies for PSO rehearsals and two PSO concerts held annually at Grace Presbyterian Church
Membership dues for 2022-2023 are $50 per household or $75 per Household (checks made payable to Peoria Symphony Guild).
Click here for the 2022-2023 Membership Form
Click here to Volunteer