The Peoria Symphony Guild’s purpose is to promote the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and to extend the reach of the Symphony’s Educational Outreach efforts. We invite anyone who is interested to join us – no auditions or musical talent required!
Our membership consists of people who share an appreciation of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra’s contributions to our local cultural and educational landscape. Many members contribute time, talent and treasure in support of efforts such as:
- Youth Outreach – Puppet Troupe (K-3) and Annual Student Concert (3-12)
- Fostering Young Talent – Young Artist Competition
- PSO Musician and Audience Appreciation – providing hospitality at rehearsals and two annual audience appreciation receptions
- Events for Members and Guests – Musical Mondays, Welcoming Coffee, Holiday Luncheon and Spring Luncheon
Peoria Symphony Guild was founded in 1951 as an auxiliary of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and is organized by the authority of and under the charter of the Peoria Symphony Orchestra, a 501C3 organization.
The Peoria Symphony Guild, established in 1951, provides educational and community outreach for the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and classical music, in addition to generating financial support for Peoria Symphony performances.
The Guild presents daytime annual Student Concerts for thousands of school children and their teachers in central Illinois, a tradition since 1954.
The Guild sponsors the Young Artist Competition for instrumentalists and vocalists, 18-years-old and younger. Talented young musicians compete to perform as a soloist with the Peoria Symphony Orchestra at annual Student Concerts. The winner also receives a scholarship award. This is the fourth decade of the Guild’s Young Artist Competition.
The Guild’s Puppet Troupe brings classical music in light-hearted form to elementary schools in the Peoria area. The Guild is proud of this tradition of over 50 years
- Karen Datzmen, President / Email Karen / 309.397.2611
- Position Open, Vice President
- Position Open, Secretary
- Maggie Sloter, Treasurer / Email Maggie / 309.648.9979
- Laura Dagit, Director of Membership / Email Laura / 309.241.7142
- Position Open, Director of Events
Russel Boulton, Director of Educational Outreach / Email Russel / 309.360.2292
Mary Taylor, Director of Public Awareness / Email Mary / 309.645.7957
- Peggy Jo Vilberg, Director of Financial Support / Email Peggy Jo / 309.253.7648
- Julie Kotewa, Past President / Email Julie / 309.712.8175
Membership in the Peoria Symphony Guild is open to men and women interested in promoting the purposes of the organization: Serving as advocates for the Peoria Symphony Orchestra and for Music Education throughout our community.
The Peoria Symphony Orchestra is an anchor of culture, arts and entertainment in our community. Membership in the Guild affords members opportunities to engage socially and volunteer around a shared interest in music and/or education.
Whether or not you participate actively, your membership is valuable as it provides resources for the Guild to continue serving as the educational outreach arm of your Peoria Symphony Orchestra.
There are many ways to give your time and talents, including:
- Providing hospitality for PSO musicians and guest artists,
- Volunteering as a puppeteer educating K-3 children
- Organizing annual outreach efforts such as the Young Artist Competition and Student Concert
- Plan and host member programs.
- Baking cookies for PSO rehearsals and two PSO concerts held annually at Grace Church!
Membership dues for 2020-2021 are: $40 per household (checks made payable to Peoria Symphony Guild)
Click here for 2020-2021 Membership Form
Click here to Volunteer
Click here to read letter from PSO Guild President, Julie Kotewa