Resident Artist Week – RAW
We are uniquely positioned to provide the many benefits of live music to our community, and we take that responsibility seriously. It was our pleasure to continue this innovative outreach program in our 122nd Season as a way to give back to the community that has supported us for over a century.
- Bring the many benefits of music to our community: entertain, soothe and heal, and educate!
- Take audiences by surprise and engage them with the universal language of music.
- Invite our community to question pre-existing notions of classical music and the PSO.
- Emphasize fun and innovation as integral to the Symphony’s brand.
- Bring music to those who may benefit from it but cannot attend concerts.
- Enrich school curricula and expose local students to the stories, experiences, career tracks, and talents of professional musicians.
What happens when you take music out of the concert hall and into a more personal space… like your living room? You get Sound Bites, a new Peoria Symphony Orchestra series! Sound Bites concerts are an intimate presentations of music taped live in the WTVP Public TV Studio in front of an audience for broadcast at a later date on WTVP. Talented guest artists and Peoria Symphony musicians present concerts in this casual setting with a lively commentary from Maestro George Stelluto and the musicians. Audience members and musicians have the opportunity to interact and mingle at the wine and cheese intermission.
This series is a collaboration between the Peoria Symphony and WTVP and is designed to extend the cultural impact and presence of the PSO beyond performances on the stage through local public TV broadcasts reaching many people who may not have the ability or opportunity to attend Peoria Symphony concerts.
Note: Sound Bites is by invitation only for donors and subscribers.